The BMDV expert network is the intermodal research format in the departmental research of the BMDV. Seven departmental research institutions and specialist authorities of the Federal Ministry of Digitals and Transport (BMDV) joined forces in 2016 to form a network under the motto “Knowledge - Ability - Action”.
The aim is to research urgent future transport issues in the areas of climate change, environmental protection, aging infrastructure and digitalisation, renewable energies and transport economics analyses and to enable a resilient and environmentally friendly design of transport modes by means of innovations.
The aim is to use interdisciplinary and cross-mode cooperation to address pressing future transport issues and to generate application-oriented research results for practice. The researchers are in dialogue with representatives from science, business, politics and administration.
The focus is on the following six topics:
- Climate change consequences and adaptation
- Environment and traffic
- Reliable transport infrastructure
- Digital technologies
- Renewable energies
- Transport economic analyses
The following authorities work together on this:
- Federal Office for Goods Transport (BAG)
- Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH)
- Federal Institute for Hydrology (BfG)
- Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt)
- Federal Institute for Hydraulic Engineering (BAW)
- German Weather Service (DWD)
- German Centre for Rail Transport Research at the Federal Railway Authority (DZSF/EBA)
You can find more information about the BMDV expert network here:
BMDV expert network - the cross-mode format in departmental research