The BAG has been commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Digital and Transport to oversee the “moving medium-term forecast for freight and passenger traffic”. The forecast reports show the development of all modes of transport active in Germany. They also provide detailed information for
- the short and medium term development of traffic volume and capacity in Germany
- on the factors influencing transport demand.
The official forecasts of the German Federal Government on economic development in Germany form the basis. The forecast, which is published every six months, is used for
- the assessment of the traffic economy compared to the overall economic development
- as basic information for various political activities
- as the basis of investment decisions.